Drilling Dynamics Data Recorders
CuBIC® 3G is an innovative compact sensor that measures drilling dynamics (shock, vibration, RPM, and temperature). The sensors can be embedded within the BHA or bit without adding additional carrier subs (that add length and connections). The data gathered from the CuBIC sensors are used to understand and optimize the response of drilling parameters, BHAs, and bits though different formations for optimization of drilling performance.
Merged downhole and surface measurements (utilizing Gamechanger software) enhance the post-run decision-making process by giving an actual account of downhole drilling dynamic conditions, which cannot be precisely evaluated and quantified from surface measurements alone.
- Compact and rugged design
- 3-Axis lateral, axis and torsional vibration measurements
- Provides at-point measurements at the point-of-interest within BHA and bit (i.e. at-bit and above motor power section) in all hole sizes, including slim-hole
- Mounted on outside diameter of equipment to measure actual accelerations that can influence drilling efficiency and equipment damages
- Simple and easy-to-read data output report allows for quick decisions on parameters or BHA changes
- High-temperature version (175°C/347°) available
- Cost-effective for use in every bit and BHA
- No additional BHA Length or BHA connections
- No added risks
- Can be embedded into existing BHA tools and bits
- Automatic trigger on/off with RPM on/off -no additional personnel required
- Fast memory download for rapid data delivery and turn-around times
- Aids in the generation of precise parameter road maps to improve drilling efficiencies and reduce well costs